Parkway Drive 'The Void'
The longest, most dynamic and intricately timed motion-control robot move in the history of cinema.
4 weeks of pre-production, 1 week of set building, 2 days of robot programming, 2 days of shooting, 5 weeks of post-production and close to 500 composited VFX layers. Shot entirely on motion control robot and all timed to music to produce a single, clean, uninterrupted, 4k “shot”.
The video has gone onto win the coveted ACS ‘Golden Tripod’ national award for cinematography.
Allan and his team were responsible for managing…
- Engineering a first-of-it’s-kind computerised trigger to sync the robot program to the soundtrack. Enabling millisecond perfect timing system for the camera movement.
- Execute all required 3D and VFX in-house.
- Design & manage the custom set build to work perfectly within the robot limitations, minimums & maximums.
- Intricate lighting set-up and custom neon sign build to support the required visual effects layering & footage stitching.
- Intense and precise stunt/safety co-ordination, integrating pyrotechnics within the tight set & doing a full burn on the lead singer during his performance.